USD 418 Transportation Department is excited to announce that there is now an option for your students to catch a bus to school. We have chosen locations throughout the town that we hope can serve all students grades K-12. The schedule is attached. Should you want to take advantage of this opportunity you would need to do the following:
- Choose the pick up location of preference. You can choose whatever works best for you, whether it is a location near your home or time of day that fits your schedule best, you get to pick.
- You MUST call the transportation department, (620) 241-6830, so you can sign your student up and get all necessary information.
- Make sure your student knows the plan and enjoy.
There are a couple of rules that must be followed:
- No pre-k students may be transported.
- Any student 3rd grade and under may NOT get off the bus unless we see an adult at the stop, UNLESS you give written permission for us to do so. So, please plan to be at the stops to get your student off the bus if they fall within the limit.
- Please maintain consistency and have your child get off at the stop they get on unless you communicate with us ahead of time.
- The bus only waits 1 minute from arriving at the stop. If your student misses the bus, we will be unable to return to get them, and they are then responsible for getting themselves to school.
- Communicate. If your student will be absent, please call and let us know. If your student needs to go to a different location, please call and let us know.
The bus schedule: