We hope you are doing well and having a great semester thus far! As we usher in the colder weather of winter, we wanted to update you on our inclement weather protocol. Please note the information below:
- Safety is the Top Priority - Student and staff safety is always our top priority. If inclement weather is in the forecast and may create unsafe conditions, we will err on the side of caution and may delay or cancel school.
- Decision the Night Before When Possible - Our district team monitors weather forecasts and conditions closely during each weather event. When possible, our goal is to notify parents/guardians of a delay or cancellation the night before to allow families time to make necessary arrangements for childcare.
- Morning Decisions by 6:30AM - In the event a decision due to inclement weather is made the morning of school, our goal is to make the determination - and communicate it out to parents/guardians - no later than 6:30AM.
- Notification Methods - As a district, we will use the following methods to communicate delays/cancellations due to inclement weather
- Email/Call/Text - We will notify parents/guardians via email, phone call, and text message
- Social Media/Website - We will post notice of delay or cancellations via the District Website (mcpherson.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Radio/Television - We share delays/cancellation information with radio and television outlets
- Examples: KAKE (Channel 10), KSN (Channel 3), KWCH (Channel 12), and local radio stations