The new community field at McPherson High School needs several enhancements to fully utilize it and get the best return on investment. We need your help in reaching the $1 Million goal by August 1st, 2023. More than $800,000 has been donated for enhancements to the new outdoor facility, that includes a regulation artificial turf soccer/football field, and 8-lane track.
$100,000 Matching Gift Opportunity
Through private donations, over $800,000 has already been secured toward the improvement project. With a $100,000 matching gift an anonymous donor, the community can reach the $1 million goal with $100,000 in additional donations.
For every dollar given to the enhancement efforts, another dollar will be matched, up to $100,000.
Athletic Facility Enhancements will include:
- Raised bleachers with press box
- LED field lighting
- Climate-controlled band storage
- New PA system
- Other facility improvements
Thanks to generous contributions, several enhancements have already been commissioned for the field to be operational this spring:
- Additional shot put and discus throw areas
- Distinctly colored relay exchange zones on track
- Additional, opposite direction runways for pole vault, long jump, and triple jump