Curriculum - Assessments
- Math: Our universal screeners for math are based on the recommendations of the National Math Panel and the National Common Core Standards.
- Reading: FastBridge offers universal screeners for reading that are grounded in the science of reading research. Our CBM and CAT reading assessments identify the specific literacy skills a student is struggling with and offer evidence-based recommendations on how to close skill gaps.
Grades: K-12; Fall, Winter, Spring
English Language Proficiency Assessment Placement (Screener)
An English language proficiency assessment placement (KELPA-P) determines that the student is limited in any domain of English proficiency (listening, speaking, reading, writing, or a composite of the four domains), then the student must receive English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) services. Students who score proficient/fluent on the KELPA-P do not qualify for ESOL services.
- Relevant—WorkKeys® assessments are developed to solve actual workplace problems. Unlike other assessments, they don’t simply give an indication of reading and writing competency. Instead, they measure a range of hard and soft skills relevant to any occupation, at any level, and across industries.
- Recognized—Successful completion of WorkKeys core assessments can lead to earning an ACT WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate™ (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®)—a credential that verifies the skills found to be most essential across industries and occupations. Tens of thousands of employers recognize the value of the NCRC, and many recommend the credential to candidates.
- Each assessment offers varying levels of difficulty. The levels build on each other, incorporating the skills assessed at the previous levels. For example, at Level 5, individuals need the skills from Levels 3, 4, and 5. The complexity increases as the quantity and/or density of the information increases. Assessments are web-based and most take one hour. They are offered in both English and Spanish.
Grades: 10-12; Ages 16+
- Measures specific claims related to the Kansas Standards in grades 3-8 and high school,
- Reports individual student scores along with each student’s performance level, and
- Provides subscale and total scores that can be used with local assessment scores to assist in improving a building’s or district’s programs in ELA, mathematics, and science.
Seal of Biliteracy
BIOLOGY (GRADES 11-12)
CALCULUS AB (GRADES 11-12)
CALCULUS BC (GRADES 11-12)