Purchasing Card Authorization Process
Purchase Card Authorization Workflow Steps
Purchase cards are typically closed and cannot be used for purchasing without prior approval.
To request a purchase card be opened for use, the following steps should be completed. Requests to open a card will not be accepted in any other format.
The individual needing to make a purchase should complete this process at least two (2) business days prior to the need for use of the card. The approver needs to review and approve or decline the transaction within one business day and the Central Office (CO) Business office will open the card within the next business day.
- Locate the Purchase Card Authorization Form HERE. It is also available from mcpherson.com > Staff > Staff Resources > Purchase Card Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and submit.
- If you are not a cardholder, failure to indicate the name of the cardholder on the form will delay approval.
- If the exact amount of the purchase is unknown, please put your best estimate
- Once approved, the requested card will be open for two weeks. If additional time is needed, please include that information in the comments section.
- Once the request is approved, the CO Business Office will notify the requester via email. Please don’t use the card prior to receiving email confirmation.
- The email notification will be sent to the approvers @mcpherson.com email and includes a link to a Google spreadsheet that will be used to complete the approval workflow.
- In the “Approval Status” column, select “Approved”, “Denied”, or “Other”
- In the “Notes” column, include any other relevant information, such as restrictions or timeframes.
- If you select “Denied” or “Other” as the Approval Status, a note is required
- Once the request is approved, the CO Business Office will notify the requester via email within the next business day. The card may not be used prior to receiving email confirmation.